Sunday, May 17, 2009

rock and roll

with all the strength of a raging fire
mysterious as the dark side of the moon

i have new found appreciation for Disney lyrics, honestly. my weekend consisted of not much needed sleep intermixed with sorely missed classic Disney tales, i.e. Aladdin, Mulan & Hercules. Oh unadulterated bliss & joy :) thanks daph!

despite not having touch (literally) any lecture materials or uni work, i wouldn't say this week was a complete bust. I've really enjoyed my dose of much needed ketchups with various people :) as much as i would love to do this every week, i cant.

I'm starting to feel the weight of exams; the little me in my head prompting me to start getting my act together. ive been thinking alot about uni recently, and where im headed. Goals, opportunities, decisions. I know its only first sem of my first year, but i feel like i need to start mapping out my future to know that im not completely off course and directionless.

im really entertaining the idea of going for exchange next year. How mind blowingly brilliant would it be if i could exchange to canada for instance? (: NIQUE! i could go to Queens for an entire year! or at the very least a semester. (sadly melbourne uni doesnt do exchange with england ):)

oh the doors and opportunities that could be avalaible to me is astounding :) i know it's incredibly difficult and the application process is tedious; above all its necessary to maintain a H2B and get a certain amount of credit points. but oh i am so willing to put myself out there & give it my all in exchange for this experience :) game on!

on a lighter note, im loving eric hutchinson (: adore his music. I'm anticipating the well deserved winter break to be awesome! mummy's arrival, roadtrip with vicky & alice and our quest to find me a 'BEN', nique & jacq's arrival and soso much more. can't wait :)

one last savour of the lion king, a good night's sleep, and then im hitting the library. xx

7 comments:

wing hang said...

i like him too!! esp the rock and roll song. but i never know the lyrics, so all i sing is "if you wanna rock you roll" or something along those lines at the chorus. haha.

Jules. said...

melbourne uni has an exchange program with edinburgh! :D

ksm said...

hang: HE'S AWESOME yeah! (: he opened for mraz, two thumbs up! :)

jue: REALLY! because england wasnt one of the countries listed O_o wait is edinburgh even in england? heh. OMG EXCITING STUFF! :D

niquelim said...

zomg, queens? that would be awesomeeee :D I just have to get in first! haha, stupid place never reply me so far. :(

lovesss.

ksm said...

nique: YES QUEENS! basically we can pick any country and uni we wish to head to, and in return they'll send another student to replace me in melb. :) let me know! xx

daph said...

hehhehh =D YOU'RE VERY WELCOME!!

yeah i fell in love with him when he opened for mraz too! i like "oh!".

see you sooooon?

*sniffs. everyone wants to go for exchange next year ): leave me behind..

ksm said...

daphy: haha chances of me actually getting it is somewhat majorly slim so dont worry my love (: i miss you! xx