Thursday, October 29, 2009

Open Your Eyes

all these feel strange and untrue
that i won't waste a minute without you.

As surreal as it is, the final week, no day of sem 2 is here. Following next week's SWOT VAC and exams, I would have bid my first year as a uni student farewell. I don't know why this is coming off as sounding nostalgic, there's still 2 years to go.

Perhaps deep down, I know thing's just won't be the same.

Just as I'm writing this with fingers poised slightly above the keys, I'm actually experiencing a flurry of emotions; so much so that I'm rendered somewhat speech(maybe word is more appropriate)less. It's oddly unsettling.

Maybe, in a nutshell, I had unraveled along the way; shuffling my thoughts, beliefs & emotions along with me in a tidal wave of uncertainty and bitterness. How ironic is it that I spent an entire 12 weeks educating myself about the formation of identities in children when I myself have somehow lost touch of my own. Life is funny like that I guess :)

On an unrelated note, if you can't learn to laugh at yourself (which I believe is an aspiring quality to have), sometimes the people around you can do it for you :) Ah friends.

I suppose there is no concrete solution to the insurmountable questions we I have sometimes. I think way too much -.- However, a personal remedy of mine (& you can feel free to rip this off if you wish, no charges will be held): put on a Hillsong's track, wallow & cry for awhile, dry yourself up, read the Bible, pray (or write in a prayer journal), submit to Him and have some ice cream :)

Somehow, everything feels a little brighter and better after prayer. There is peace that transcends the knowledge of mankind. And the ice cream doesn't hurt either (:

A more positive note! :)

I miss everyone :( I really do.


1 comment:

Daphne said...

you know, i never got the photos off you.. the ones at taxi, for melch's thing.. will you put them up eventually? (: or send them to me?

lovesyoux