Saturday, September 4, 2010

Locked hearts & hand grenades

only You can make me whole
give me strength to make me grow

I sometimes wonder about those moments- life in all it's busyness, chaotic-frustration and disappointments that snares itself so frighteningly comfortable around us it becomes a second layer of who we are.

I wonder about those moments-you know, the one's where you're desperately scrolling through your itunes to find a song loud enough to drown the emptiness swelling within you. or sometimes how quietness is so loud i can feel it reverberating from my core.

That moment when I actually did step out for a run (okay fine, brisk walk/jog at best from my absolute fail lack-of-stamina) and my feet were pounding pavement, it felt exhilarating; somewhat akin to escapism though I know its naive to think i can literally 'run' from my troubles. nevertheless, it was my moment (to escape)-to feel that even if it was for only a minute, i could just run as fast and as hard as my feet would carry me.

and in that one minute, i could feel nothing, and everything at once.

beautiful :)

I wonder if i'm the only one who remembers moments like these, & then muse about them in retrospect haha :)

I'm thankful for a lot of things really. just recently i met a girl called Zina (okay this might be somewhat inaccurate) in one of my lectures. a vibrant and colorful character that totally made me smile :) and that's why i thank You for these random little blessings-because You know how they absolutely make my day.


7 comments:

Melissa said...

HAHA smalls you went running today too? we always seem to go on the same days but never same time!
'desperately scrolling through your itunes to find a song loud enough to drown the emptiness" likeee!=)

ksm said...

HEHE well not today today, but one of the days! the weather lately quite crap lah ): cannot run!

loveyoubabe <3

Daphne said...

hahahahah are you sure you cannot run because of the crappy weather? =P jkjk!!

loveyou bothhhhh.

Melissa said...

HAHAHAHA yeah lor smalls. should learn from daph, trekking through muddy fields in her new gumboots to dispense medicine.. =p

Daphne said...

HAHHA nolarhh!! tell youu more when i get back, it wasnt even muddy 'cause it didn't rain that day!!

Melissa said...

ahaha okay! =) smalls updateee! =)

ksm said...

HEYYY you two! no confidence in my running!!!! O.o haha, jokes. daph quick come home and regale us with stories! :) im itching to hear.

loveyoubothmuchos <3