Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Find me, keep me.

she is a wave and she's breaking
she's a problem to solve.

Habit's are a funny thing. Most of the time, past 12am, is where I find my solace in blogging. Not to say that inspiration strikes past midnight, but there's just a very quiet sense of
peace that makes me want to pair emotions with words.

Sitting here in the stillness with silence so loud, I can finally slowly pi
ece the puzzle together to form the mosaic in my mind. Sure I filter thoughts, we all do/must, but for the most part, I try to immortalize the random jumble in my head because those that are important enough to me to be remembered and written down, well, I want to be constantly reminded of what it is.

I distinctly recall a post I wrote two years back, possibly. My 17-year old self sprouting words of wisdom about how people always change, & how it is impossible to please everyone.

Two years later, I'm still learning the very same lesson I failed to teach
myself back then. I guess it's hard for me to let go; to let change in. But honestly, I am tired of being a crowd pleaser. People change, it's inevitable. I, have changed.

So here's to farewell to being a people pleaser; I want to focus on my audience of One. Truth to be told, some friendships are going to be lost on the way, I can already feel it happening: change.

But the ones that stick around past the debris and the war; well,
I'd say I'd count myself the luckiest person to have just the one. I know I'm the furthest thing from popular, I'm not social, I'm an introvert and for the most part, I go unnoticed. But for just a moment, seeing things through His eyes, all I see is my family, the few close friends I have both here and back home, and Him: the ones who truly matter.





I am so very blessed. :)


4 comments:

niquelim said...

oh love. :) you only think you go unnoticed, yet you still manage to make a statement everytime you enter a room.

no one could leave you unnoticed. :)

ksm said...

haha i swear you make my ego fatter every day :) i love you!

Anonymous said...

grrrr u make me so mad! i've told you so many times! you are not unnoticed! i need to slap sense into you woman. haha guess who? :)

ksm said...

anon: haha you def sound like someone i know..got no idea though :/ tell tell!