Tuesday, August 11, 2009

There's gotta be more to life

If you could only see,
& hear the words I say.

I am winter personified.

I am black and white, and every shade of grey in between.

I am sleep magnified a hundred times over, blissful oblivion and orbiting dreams.

I am the ball of bright, burning energy floating outside the stratosphere, lingering in vacuum, mindlessly ignorant.

I am fear, shielded by an invisible cloak, hidden beneath a rock, buried deep within the earth’s core.

I am the Judge Judy of my mind, harsh and unforgiving.

I am best served cold, with a tinge of malice satisfaction on the side.

I am the cheesy television sitcom on a rainy Sunday afternoon, with a hundred infomercials in between.

I am the beanbag indoors on a perfect balmy autumn’s day when the whole world is out relishing in Nature’s odd perfection.

I am a greasy pizza with extra toppings served piping hot to a Biggest Loser contestant.

I am a torch scarlet inflamed, meant to shine on the highest hill of the tallest mountain.

It's somewhat gratifying knowing that (possibly) the world now knows you inside out. So much for keeping secrets :)

because if we could, we'd go back to the way things used to be.

2 comments:

dee said...

:')

keep writing mei, i love reading your posts. and I misssss you, ask suling to reply my e-mail when she isn't too busy. ngeeeh <3

ksm said...

thank you my lovee. haha i will! we miss you VERY MUCH TOO CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE END OF THE YEAR!
and exhale. :) loveyou! x