Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yahweh


He shall reign,
forever.

If I had a little sister or brother, here's what I would tell them:

"Kid, one day, you are going to rock this planet. While you're experiencing growth spurts & hormonal imbalances & other physical attributes that meet the eye, yo
ur mind is going to take you on a journey far beyond the expectations of the world, surpassing what others can see. Your heart is going to be filled with dreams so big, you'll feel inadequate to contain all of it."

"But here's a secret: He is the key to making all of your wildest dreams come true. Keep the treasure map He has designed for you close to your heart; follow in the footsteps of the path leading to your destiny, & always keep your eye out on the horizon, where the sea meets the sky, & where paradise awaits."

"Because kid, once you've shaken this world, you would want to return home."

I've always wondered if I was living life to my utmost potential, although deep down I already know the answer.

I'd hop on the cheapest flight that would take me straight to the volu
nteers of the Gratitude Cafe Tour & spread some love around. I'd grab some close friends and we would backpack around central America where I would approach random strangers and have them take a picture with me, because why not?

I would go for a missions trip somewhere in Africa or China. Learn to surf and kick ass in it in Bali. Spend some time working overseas, purely for the experience of striving to live on my own (two feet). Spend half a semester on exchange somewhere outside of Australia. Take a photography course & travel to South America to snap away at their breathtaking architecture.

In an ideal world, I would accomplish all that. But for now, I'd let these dreams fester within the confines of my mind, until the doors are opened for me, & until I convince myself that I can actually do all of it. A superb heart-to-heart talk with D on friday made me realize that we really only can take in as much as we give. So for now, I am letting go of expectations of people, and learning instead not to expect anything in return.

To bless, just for the sake of blessing, & nothing more
.Because I'll always have your back.


5 comments:

s.u.l.i.n.g said...

aww!! aww!! thats my backside ! <3 me love you.

and,live large my little poppet. because what you think are big dreams, are made BIGGER in His hands! :D

Daphne said...

(:

btw, if you had a younger sibling, you'd really call them 'kid'???

<3you!

ksm said...

che: amen. :)

daph: HAHA i guess we'll never really know ): unless we adopt? lol.

<3 you too! x

Zhen Lim said...

Love this post, dear.
It seems like going to Aussie really did a lot of good for you. Maybe because your posts are now overflowing with faith & hope & love (not that they weren't before, just not always overflowing)
I hope you'll only keep growing & that your days will be filled with more love & joy. :)

ksm said...

zhen: well, yes & no, but I believe in making our own choices in how we perceive certain situations. after awhile you just get the hang of not letting things get to you (too much) :) imy! I hope for all things happy&peaceloving for you too :)